Name The Hodges Hawk Mascot!
We Want Your Help!
We have the Hodges Hawk as our mascot, but our Hawk needs a name.
This contest is open to all Hodges University faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the community at large. Email your entry to: Marketing@hodges.edu. Include your first and last name, email address, and one name for the Hawk.
Official Rules and Information
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This contest is open only to Hodges University faculty, staff, students and alumni. The contest is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Hodges University as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting on Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. EST and ending on Wednesday, Sept. 30 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All entries must be received by Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST by email to: Marketing@hodges.edu.
- How to Enter: The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Hodges University. You may enter only once, providing the name you think the Hodges University Hawk should have. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Hodges University.
- Prizes: The Winner of the contest will receive one Hodges Hawk plush toy. Should multiple entrants submit the same winning name, then one winner will be randomly selected. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Hodges University to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Hodges University, at its sole discretion, may award more than one Hodges Hawk plush toy to entrants.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Hodges University’s Executive Council. Winner will be notified by email within two days following selection of Winner. Hodges University shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within seven business days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT HODGES UNIVERSITY‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Hodges University. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Hodges University from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Hodges University may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Hodges University reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Hodges University’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, Hodges University may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Hodges University. Hodges University reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Hodges University has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Hodges University reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Hodges University and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States AND [your state/province], WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in [your state/province] having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Hodges University Marketing Department, 4501 Colonial Blvd., Fort Myers, Fl 33966, USA. Requests must be received no later than October 23, 2020.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the contest is Hodges University Marketing Department, 2647 Professional Circle, Naples, FL 34119 USA.